New Career Opportunity – Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager reports to and is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and/or Senior Project Manager with the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of the project(s) to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, and contract administration functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Assist the Superintendent and Project Manager with the overall plan for construction of the project.
- Assist in the development of cost estimated of assigned projects.
- Solicit and obtain bids from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Issues subcontracts and purchase orders after approved by the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Assist with preparing the job start-up and close-out checklists.
- Prepare the detailed project construction progress schedule in coordination with Superintendent, Project Manager, subcontractors and suppliers. Update the schedule on a monthly basis or as required by the Contract.
- Prepare the Contract Schedule of Values for approval by the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager with the preparation of the Master Cost Breakdown.
- Secure properly executed subcontract and purchase order agreements, insurance certificates, bonds and other documents as required to protect the interest of the Company.
- Prepare, expedite, and monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, request for information, change orders, material delivery logs and other as determined necessary for a successful project.
- With the Superintendent, monitor and expedite the delivery of materials.
- Assist the Superintendent to insure that the project is constructed in accordance with the contract requirements and specifications and with the required delivery.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of the monthly job status report and participate in the preparation of the Cost Analysis Worksheet.
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
- Assist in expediting payment from the owner and expedite prompt processing of invoices and prompt payment through to subcontractor for amounts due to them.
- Prepare change proposals, negotiate change orders, execute change orders, issue change orders to subcontractors and others and prepare revisions with direction of Project Manager.
- Document potential schedule delays and promptly notify supervision to submit request for extension of time and/or additional costs as per terms of the Contract.
- Keep the Project Manager fully informed in a timely fashion with regard to any and all problem areas on the project.
- Maintain good relationships with the owner, architect, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, municipal authorities and company personnel involved with the project.
- Actively participate and/or lead post-bid, buyout, O/A/C, coordination, subcontractor, staff and scheduling meetings.
- Familiar with all Policies and Processes as it relates to this position.
- Actively participates on internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business.
General background and Minimum Requirements
- Preferred 4-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Minimum of one to three years of experience at Project Engineer level, or at least three years on construction related experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform in these areas: estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, field safety/insurance, ability to communicate; both written and oral.
- Strong background with PC-based programs including scheduling and spreadsheet applications. These include Viewpoint, Primavera, Excel and Word.
Required to visit the jobsite. Must be able to inspect the jobsite, including climbing ladders, etc. to view progress of construction
Please email us at: email@example.com or call Viki Moore at 954.449.1619