New Career Opportunity – Project Engineer
The Project Engineer is primarily responsible for aiding the project staff in the preconstruction and construction stages of a project. The Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and/or Assistant Project Manager with the daily management, supervision, coordination, and successful completion of the project(s) to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, and contract administration functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Contact subcontractors and suppliers for purposes of bid solicitation. Evaluate less complex Subcontractor bids, aid in pricing alternates, and initiate value-engineering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable of the permit process and occupancy requirements.
- Be stationed at the project site or otherwise as deemed necessary by the Project Manger.
- Oversee the set-up of job files.
- Assist the Superintendent with determining material handling and storage logistics.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of purchase orders, subcontracts and change orders.
- Post contract change orders to current drawings.
- Review shop drawings, samples, catalog data in accordance with plans and specifications, scope, installation procedures, site considerations, and in regards to coordination with other trades.
- Prepare, expedite and monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, and request for information, change orders and other as determined necessary for a successful project.
- Monitor job progress with Project Manager and Superintendent for schedule updating.
- Prepare project schedule with assistance from Project Manager and Superintendent and maintain on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Coordinate Owner Furnished Equipment and Systems delivery and installation with project staff.
- Check Subcontractors applications for payment in coordination with project staff.
- Expedite and document Owner and Architect decisions and approvals.
- Become familiar with internal cost accounting methods and software
- Maintain and review status of all project-related correspondence (i.e. field reports and RFI responses.)
- Assist in the management of the punch list process.
- Obtain all closeout materials from subcontractors and supplies including guarantees and warranties, as-builts, final pay applications, lien releases, Operations and Maintenance Manuals and coordinate Owner Training and Equipment.
- Assist with preparing the job start-up and closeout checklists.
- In coordination with the Project Manager, generate all project meeting minutes.
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontractors, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals and all other project related documents and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
- Actively participate and/or lead post-bid, buyout, O/A/C, coordination, subcontractor, staff, schedule and scheduling meetings.
- Familiar with all Policies and Processes as it relates to this position.
- Actively participates on internal teams (s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business.
General background and Minimum Requirements
- Preferred 4-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Preferred professional development experience through a formal cooperative education program or internship.
- Ability in these areas: interpersonal skills computer skills, ability to communicate both written and oral.
- Knowledge of PC-based programs including scheduling, spreadsheet applications, to include Viewpoint, Primavera, Excel and Word.
Required to visit the jobsite. Must be able to inspect the jobsite, including climbing ladders, etc. to view progress of construction.
Please email us at: email@example.com or call Viki Moore at 954.449.1619