New Career Opportunity – Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of construction project and/or projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding and contract administration functions.
Essential Job Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- In coordination with Preconstruction develop an initial schedule and provide detail to schedule as required for project. Once schedule is developed and sequenced, update, maintain, communicate, and manage all subcontractors and vendors to the schedule. Develop, maintain, and enforce a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
- Establish and monitor administrative procedures for the project. These procedures are to conform to establish policies and procedures of ANF Group, Inc.
- Keeps informed on and ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations and Equal Employment Opportunity are met.
- Support and implement the company’s Project Success Planning processes.
- Develop, review, approve and implement project budgets, schedules and contract bid documents.
- Conduct or assist senior project manager with buy-out meeting and prepare subcontracts.
- Coordinate and provide direction for the budget estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project.
- Possess working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, Owner Contract, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals and all other project related documents and maintain a complete and accurate set as-builts.
- Assure that those individuals, whose functions require knowledge and understanding of the general contract and subcontract requirements, receive and understand the information.
- Initiate, establish and maintain working relationships with owner/architect/engineer and subcontractors to facilitate construction activities. Organize, conduct and represent the company at project coordination meetings at regular agreed upon intervals.
- Review and approve subcontractor, vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices.
- Negotiate, prepare, issue and execute change orders (proposals) to owners, design team, subcontractors and others, and prepare revisions to original budget as a result of changes and revisions to work.
- Prepare and issue monthly owner progress reports, monthly pay applications, schedules and cost reports in coordination with the superintendent.
- Ensure timely and accurate billings and accounts receivables.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
- Provide organization, direction and training of subordinate project team members.
- Lead and participate in regularly scheduled project staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with Owners, Architect/Engineers and subcontract for marketing.
- Manage Closeout process.
- Familiar with all Policies and Processes as it relates to this position.
- Actively participates on internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business.
General background and Minimum Requirements
- Preferred 4-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum, (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Three to five years experience as Project Manager of at least 10 years construction related experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in these areas: estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, field supervision, financial reporting, client relationship, interpersonal skills, computer skills, safety/insurance, ability to communicate, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated success in management of projects with a construction value between $2 and $50 million.
- Generally understand the essential job functions, duties and responsibilities of a Superintendent.
- Proficient in PC-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications. These include: Viewpoint, Primavera, Excel and Word.
Required to visit the jobsite, including climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc. to view the progress of construction.
Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Viki Moore at 954.449.1619